The Hope Project is a state-licensed nonprofit in Washington. The goal of HOPE (Healing Outreach Purpose & Encouragement) is to assist those that have experienced sexual trauma receive assistance in a timely and sufficient manner by not only finding them a free or low-cost trauma specific therapist, but to provide:
- Peer Support Counseling and follow-ups for sexual assault survivors who wish to use HOPE as permanent support system.
- Multiple options for survivors to reach out – Phone, Video Chat, Anonymous Messaging, Email
- Funding to resource centers who specialize in sexual trauma and PTSD, to reduce wait-lists and offer longer therapy/counseling assistance.
- Trauma-specialized therapist online for short term assistance during resource center wait times for in-person appointments.
- Life Coaches to assist with daily lives of survivors in order to reduce stress that could hinder their recovery.
- Connections between survivors to help find safe housing/support/socializing.
Wings to H.O.P.E.
Healing is more than just a physical phenomenon that comes about by eating properly, keeping up with physical therapy, and working out. It is also a mindset of learning how reduce stress and being at inner peace with yourself as well.
Outreach is more than just getting the word out; it’s about reaching people and helping them create a lifestyle they deserve, a life free from shame, guilt and mediocrity. It’s about letting people know that they are not alone and that we can persevere through anything together.
Purpose is needed in this venture of raising funds and awareness for resource centers who specialize in helping people overcome sexual abuse and PTSD.
Encouragement is exactly how it sounds. Often as we are encouraging others and lifting them up we have our own epiphany to an inner conundrum. The more we break free within ourselves the more we can help others break free of their own chains.phany to an inner conundrum. The more we break free within ourselves the more we can help others break free of their own chains.
Each blog post found under The Journey tab is tagged by one or more of the following categories listed below. You can easily see all of the posts pertaining to just the one category, (i.e. MentalHealthMatters, Entrepreneurship, Meditation, etc…) by clicking the category link which can be found at the bottom of each blog post. The Journey tab will be updated only twice a month but you can email me whenever you wish and I’ll get back to you.
We Welcome You to our Safe Community of H.O.P.E. and Resources!